Makeup has always been a passion of mine. I can remember the day that my mom said I was finally allowed to wear a bit of makeup to school (as long as she okayed it). So off to school I went with some white eyeliner, shimmery pink eyeshadow and some navy blue mascara (I was truly a stunner). I would continue to wear makeup through high school (bronzer, eye liner, and mascara) but I never fully dove into the makeup world, until one day in university.
I remember trying to force myself to study when I though 'I could just take a quick break to escape the stressful exam world and look at some youtube videos'. I remember falling into what seemed like an hour but was probably a few shy of a day watching girls apply makeup and talking about things that they found worked the best for them. I didn't know that there were that many types of products, companies or tools! These girls had makeup brushes like the rich cool kid in grade 2 had gel pens. They were stacked! Handfuls of brushes for different purposes and this was all so foreign to me!
I then ventured out to purchase a few brushes of my own and from there I had a little collection too! Definitely not as many as that girl with the 100 pack of rainbow gel pens but I had a good selection to cover my bases. I now only use a handful of brushes & have been loyal to these for a good while.
So... after this lengthly introduction I bring you my current favourite brushes...
Before I use my brushes I would like to talk about how I clean them; It is as simple enough as taking my MAC Brush cleaner, a towel and wiping the brushes until no colour comes off them and they look brand new!
My Current Favourite Brushes:
- Beauty Blender I love to use this sponge for applying my liquid foundation (which is not an everyday thing) and blending it out to a more sheer coverage. I can also use this sponge for my concealer blending but I mostly use the next brush for that.
- ELF Stipple Brush This brush is great for blending out my under eye concealer and making it look like I got a few more hours of sleep! This brush was a cheaper option of brushes but I love how well it works for me!
- Sigma Brush I next use this brush (which I originally bought for contouring) as an under eye setting powder brush. It is small enough to fit below my eyes and set my concealer to then lock in that extra hours of sleep!
- Kat VonD This brush is doubled headed and intended for the uses of contouring and highlighting, which is exactly what I use them for. This is definitely the most expensive/best quality brush I own.
- ELF Blush brush & Powder Brush I use the blush brush for simply applying my blush... duh! The powder brush I use for blending all my face together so I don't have giant blotches of colour on my cheeks! These are for sure the cheaper side of brushes (I believe I paid $3) but I love them just as much as my Kat VonD one!